My skin is a mess. Seriously. It is combination oily and dry, ridiculously sensitive, and thanks to my two pregnancies, it is now also multi-colored. I suffer from rosacea, hyper-pigmentation and hypo-pigmentation, and I have large pores. I am always on the hunt for products that will help all of my skin issues.
I go for facials every now and then, and I am always told that I need to exfoliate more. My pores tend to get clogged, and I need to remove the dead skin in order to keep the dirt, oil and makeup from building up. Because of my sensitive skin, though, I cannot use harsh products and instead need to use the proper tools for exfoliation. One such tool is the Revlon Spa Illuminate Skin Renewal System.
This system allows you to choose your own cleanser and a myriad of spinning attachments that cleanse, exfoliate, and leave skin radiant.
The secret to this Skin Renewal System by Revlon is the spin system technology that causes the brush to spin in a circular motion rather than the standard vibrations found in other systems. The spinning motion allows the dirt, oil, and makeup to leave the skin. This system includes the compact, battery operated hand piece along with multiple spinning attachments, each with a unique head designed to cleanse, exfoliate, and massage the skin.
There are 4 steps to using the Skin Renewal System, according to the instruction booklet:
- Step 1: Cleansing Sponge Applicator - Made for intensive and soothing facial cleansing. First, remove any excess make-up, dampen sponge with warm water, and apply your favorite facial cleanser to the sponge applicator. Switch the appliance to the preferred speed setting.
- Step 2: Exfoliating Brush - Specifically designed to remove dead skin cells and stimulate muscles. Select the "LOW" speed setting then apply the brush to your face and neck area, being careful not to apply too much pressure. Rinse face with warm water and pat dry.
- Step 3: (if needed) Blemish Extractor - For a deeper cleansing, after rinsing face, use the blemish extractor to remove impurities from deep within your pores.
- Step 4: Rolling Ball Massager - Specially designed cylindrical heads rotate to massage and moisturize skin with lotions or moisturizers. Apply lotion or moisturizing cream directly to the skin. Switch the appliance to the "LOW" speed setting and massage skin, being careful not to apply too much pressure. Use light, upward strokes.
- Step 1: I love that I am able to use my own cleanser with this system. As I mentioned, I have to use products that are designed for my sensitive skin, so I was able to use my favorite facial cleanser. The sponge seemed to remove all of the makeup from my face in a gentle way. I use a gel cleanser, so I found it easier to spread the cleanser over my face instead of applying it directly to the sponge. This way the cleanser reached all sections of my face, rather than being applied heavily to the first section I cleansed.
- Step 2: I LOVE LOVE LOVE this exfoliating brush! It seemed to remove any dead skin and really cleaned deep into my pores. I could tell after the first use that my pores were clearer and my skin had a nice glow to it. When I dried my face with a light colored towel, I did not see any makeup residue like I do when I cleanse my face with my fingers.
- Step 3: The blemish extractor did not do much for me. It causes a gentle suction when applied to your skin, but I don't think it is enough to really remove any blemishes. I no longer use this step.
- Step 4: I generally only use a small amount of moisturizer on my face, and felt that I had to use too much to really get this to glide around and massage my face. I would much rather use my fingers to apply moisturizer.
The Revlon Skin Renewal System is available at Amazon for the low price of $19.99, and I think it is well worth it. You can also purchase Replacement Cleansing Attachments for $4.99. I have used my system for several weeks now, and since I rinse the sponge very well after each use, I have yet to use the second one. I feel that with proper cleaning, the attachments will last a while, but they are affordable to replace. Most spinning facial brushes such as this retail for well over $100, but with the Revlon Skin Renewal System, you can get healthier glowing skin while keeping your wallet full.
Disclosure: All opinions are my own. I received the Revlon Skin Renewal System at no cost in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was received.