If you are a regular reader here, then you have probably seen that badge on my sidebar for a few weeks now. I'm honored to have been chosen as a Coppertone Water MOM! Over the next few months I will be sharing information about Coppertone products and some sun care tips to help your family stay safe from the sun's harmful rays.
Since I have lived in the "Sunshine State" for my entire life, I have been using Coppertone products for years now. After all, this is what we see around here pretty much year round...
I will admit that I wasn't always as vigilant about sun protection as I am now, but now I have to be. I have to make sure I protect my skin when I am out in the sun for more than just a few minutes, because if I even get the slightest burn, I will break out badly. Unfortunately, I have a sun allergy. Crazy, right? Especially for someone who lives in Florida!
Not only do I have to protect my skin, but I have to protect those two fair-skinned kids of mine. Rylie and Bryce both have very fair skin, so I make sure I load up on the sunscreen when we are spending afternoons in the pool, walking around theme parks all day, or meeting up with friends at the park. Thanks to Coppertone, we are stocked with sunscreen for this summer!
- Coppertone® Water BABIES® is the #1 Pediatrician Recommended Sunscreen Brand
- Coppertone® Water BABIES® lotions and sprays provide broad spectrum protection from the most damaging UVA/UVB Rays
- All Coppertone® Water BABIES® sunscreens are hypoallergenic and non-irritating to baby's delicate skin
- Coppertone Water BABIES® Pure & Simple sunscreen lotion is tear free, moisturizing, and contains no oils, fragrances, or dyes that could irritate your baby's delicate skin
So how can you keep your kids safe from the sun this summer? Check out these great tips on smart sunscreen use...
Sun Care Tips: Smart Sunscreen Use
- Get a head start on the sun. - Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you are exposed to the sun.
- Don't skimp on sunscreen. - Use it liberally and apply it evenly over all exposed skin to ensure complete coverage. Reapply as directed.
- Cover all the bases. - It's easy to overlook spots like the ears, neck, and shoulders, but they need sunscreen too. Remember to grab a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and to seek shade when the sun is most intense.
- Follow the numbers. - SPF tells you the level of protection a sunscreen provides from sunburn. Use sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher whenever you'll be outdoors.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply. - Apply another coat of sunscreen as needed, at least every 2 hours- and be sure to reapply after swimming, sweating, vigorous activity or toweling off.
- Select water resistant sunscreens that can keep up with kids. - Use water resistant sunscreens with broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher, and look for products that are quick and easy to apply to squirmy kids. (Keep babies under six months of age out of the sun and consult a doctor before applying sunscreen.)
Between several planned trips to the beach and theme parks this summer, along with our afternoons spent in the backyard, we will all need great sun protection. Thanks to Coppertone, I've got my kids covered!
Disclosure: As a member of the Coppertone® Water MOMS, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.