Who loves an ooey, gooey, delicious grilled cheese sandwich? I sure do! With our busy schedules, grilled cheese sandwiches come up on our dinner rotation often. They are easy to make, and the whole family loves them! We usually pair our sandwiches with soup to make it a meal, and dinner is ready in a snap!
Land O'Lakes Deli Cheese is the main ingredient used in many hot cheese sandwiches and Paninis because of its undeniably delicious taste and smooth texture. I was recently asked to try out one of the Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipes from Land O'Lakes to see just how ooey and gooey it could be.
Bacon & Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Recipe adapted from Land O'Lakes.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Makes: 4 Sandwiches
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 8 teaspoons Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices Land O Lakes® Deli American Cheese
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cut into wedges
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 1 teaspoon butter.
- To assemble each sandwich, layer 1 slice bread, buttered-side down, with 1 slice cheese, 2 slices bacon, 3 slices avocado and 1 slice cheese. Top with 1 slice bread, buttered-side up.
- Place 2 sandwiches into Panini maker; cook until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Sandwiches can also be cooked in a skillet heated to medium, turning once.
- Pair your grilled cheese sandwich with soup to make it a meal! Visit Land O'Lakes for some delicious homemade soup recipes.
Disclosure: All opinions are my own. I received a premium gift package from Land O’Lakes, including a Panini Press, $25 VISA® gift card and full-value coupon redeemable for any LAND O LAKES® Deli Cheese product, for recipe development and review purposes.