HP must stand for Happy Printing because after testing out my HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer that's exactly how I'm feeling! I had been "stuck" in a relationship with my Lexmark printer for way too long and it was time to break-up! I think it's been close to 6 or 7 years with our current printer and technology has changed dramatically since that purchase.
HP has kicked it up a notch with premium features including a large touchscreen and automatic photo tray. The HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer is perfect for home and home office settings. It's slim and sleek design are eye catching and you can't beat the lab quality photos you can print from the luxury of your own home!
Just check out all of the features that are included with the HP Photosmart 6510:
Outstanding, hassle-free photos
Versatile, reliable Web-connected performance
- Print photos, copy, and scan using the 3.5" diagonal (8.89 cm) color touchscreen
- Print on photo or plain paper—plus a variety of other media types—using the automatic photo tray
- Access on-line photo libraries in a snap; use memory card slots to easily print photos without a PC
- Get lab-quality, fade-resistant photos using four individual inks
Wireless printing; even printing through e-mail
- Reliably print documents, photos, and Web pages, make quick copies, and scan
- Access free apps on the touchscreen: print coloring pages, recipes, greeting cards, and games without a PC
- Use original HP ink for quality, reliability, and rewards
Energy conservation and recycling
- Print photos and documents on the go
- Use HP ePrint: if you can e-mail it, you can print it
- Print from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch wirelessly with AirPrint
- Access a host of mobile printing solutions and automatically connect to a wireless network
- Print and share from multiple PCs and stay connected using the integrated wireless networking
I was amazed how easily we were able to set up the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer. It took a matter of a few minutes and we were in business! When I opened the box I was impressed to find Eco-friendly packaging including a reusable bag to house the printer in and a few cardboard egg cartons to keep it in place. The directions were fairly simple. You needed to connect the power cord and adapter, plug in the printer and turn it on. The longest part of the process was the cd software that needed to be uploaded to the computer which took all of 5 minutes.
- Save energy with this ENERGY STAR qualified model; use less than 1-watt of energy in Off mode
- Use up to 50% less paper with the automatic two-sided printing
- Recycle cartridges free through HP Planet Partners
Once I did a quick run through of the touchscreen, I began printing away! I could not wait to test out the ePrinting abilities of the HP Photosmart. On the touchscreen I noticed an app already installed for Snapfish, an online photo sharing/printing service. I was ecstatic! I am a huge Snapfish fan and use them for all of my pictures. I logged into my account from the touchscreen, selected a recent photo and hit print. I no longer have to wait a week to get quality photos, I can print them right at home!
I then tested the Airprint option by printing a recent photo from my iphone. My iphone picked up the wireless printer and to my surprise the photo turned out flawless! We also tested it out on our Apple ipad and got the same quality results. There was no smudging right after coming off the printer too!
Overall I could not be more pleased with the quality of the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer! I like that the photos and paper feed out of the front of the printer versus at the top like other printers. It really stays true to the compact design. My favorite feature by far is the ePrint option. I love how quickly I can print something off via the ipad and iphone and that it's of great quality. The HP Photosmart 6510 retails for $149.99, but HP is currently offering a $30 instant rebate and free shipping for $119.99! This is an unbeatable value and absolutely worth the splurge!
Disclosure: All opinions are my own. I received a HP Photosmart 6510 for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received.