If you all read this blog regularly, then you know that I am a coffee fanatic. Trust me, this mommy NEEDS coffee! Between being a mom, a wife, an accountant and a blogger, I need that caffeine to fuel my long days and nights.
Winchell Mountain Coffee takes the phrase "Mommy Needs Coffee" very seriously. In fact, they take all of their coffee very seriously. Winchell Mountain Coffee is a small, family owned coffee roaster located in the peaceful rural town of Pine Plains, New York. Here are some quick facts as to why their coffee is truly something to be experienced:
- They use beans from all around the world and will not accept a shipment until that harvest has been sampled repeatedly, both in its raw green form and in its roasted form.
- With these carefully selected beans, they create exclusive blends like the more rare single origin coffees called yrgacheffe. Yrgacheffe is a region of Ethiopia and rumored to be where the first coffee bean came from.
- They roast their coffee in the old old-world tradition, only utilizing heat and hands.
- They are obsessed with quality and will throw entire roasts away if the beans are not sampled perfectly.
- One-way goglio valve bags vacuum pack the beans so consumers are guaranteed the absolute freshness. Using this technology there is no air whatsoever entering the beans to spoil their integrity so the bags have a healthy shelf life of up to six months.
Just because owners Will and Allen take their coffee so seriously, it doesn't have to look serious. Winchell Mountain Coffee is pleased to introduce their exclusive Sandra Boynton Coffee Collection. The cartoonist's legendary characters are matched with 15 varieties of hand roasted coffees with names like "Overdrive Espresso", "Not a Morning Person Coffee", "Perfect Harmony Coffee" and one that is perfect for me on most nights - "All-Nighter Coffee".
Included in this collection is a limited edition Viennese roast "Valentine's Day Coffee". This coffee is an "Affectionate Blend", and is a great gift idea for the coffee fanatic.
We received a variety of coffee from The Boynton Collection to review - "Beach Blend", "Wide Awake", "Valentine's Day" and "Country Morning". Each vacuum packed bag had an adorable Sandra Boynton character on the front of it.
Since we only have one air-tight coffee container, we have only tried the Valentine's Day Coffee so far in order to keep the other bags fresh. It is delicious! It is a mild coffee with a very smooth taste. We have been drinking it every morning for about a week now, and I highly recommend it if you like a more mild coffee. I do tend to like bolder coffee, so I am looking forward to trying the other blends that we received.
So where can you find this delicious coffee? You can find it at select local retailers (most are in NY), or you can purchase it directly from Winchell Mountain Coffee's online store. The Boynton Collection retails for $10.95 for a 12 oz. Bag, which is about what you would expect to pay for any gourmet coffee. I definitely recommend giving it a try!
~*~Valentine's Day Coffee Lover's Gift Pack~*~
Includes a bag of the limited edition "Valentine's Day: An Affectionate Blend" coffee, a Sandra Boynton coffee mug and Sandra Boynton Mom's Family 2012 Desk Planner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: All opinions are my own. I received the bags of coffee mentioned above at no cost for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. A big Thank You to Winchell Mountain Coffee for providing the giveaway prize!