The age of technology is now, and many people have electronics on their Christmas lists. Children (and even some adults) have video games and MP3 players on their lists, college kids may ask for a laptop or a new cell phone, and us "grown ups" may be asking Santa for a new computer or other peripheral devices. One item on my list this year was a new printer, and thanks to Epson, Christmas came a little early for me!
We have been using the same ink jet printer for years, and when I recently attempted to print some photos to decorate my office with, I found myself longing for a printer that printed better quality photos. We recently received an Epson Stylus NX430 Small-in-One Printer for review, and I will never have to send my photos to a lab for printing again!
The Epson Stylus NX430 packs quality and performance into one space-saving printer. Part of the new line of Epson Small-in-One printers, it fits perfectly in virtually any setting. And, it features Epson Connect, so you can enjoy instant wireless printing from popular mobile devices.
Epson NX430 Key Features:
- Small-in-One — space-saving design; great performance
- Epson Connect — get instant wireless printing of photos and attachments from smartphones, iPads, tablets and popular mobile devices
- Easy Epson Wireless — connect to your wireless network in seconds
- Quiet operation — focus on what's important
- Truly touchable photos and documents — instant-dry ink for smudge, fade and water resistant prints; even highlighter friendly
- Easy setup and control — smart touch panel gives you everything you need, right at your fingertips
- Wireless printing and scanning — share one Small-in-One at home, now with Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
- Print photos, PC-free — built-in card slots; smart touch panel and large, 2.5" color LCD
- Replace only the color you need — individual ink cartridges, available in different sizes to suit your needs
- Better images automatically — red-eye removal, photo restoration and correction of over / underexposed photos
- Quick, high-quality scanning up to 2400 dpi — scan important papers, recipes, bills, photos and more
- Manual two-sided printing — a great way to save paper
- Product protection you can count on — one-year limited warranty and quick product exchange
This powerful printer is very compact, and fits perfectly on our computer desk. With all of the different peripheral devices available these days, it is nice to have one device that does it all. Even though this printer is in a small area on our desk, it is easy to refill the paper, and the control panel on the front makes it easy to get to the power switch.
The Epson NX430 is a wireless printer, which means that you do not have to attach it directly to your computer. You simply connect it to your network wirelessly, and you can print from any computer in your home. This is perfect for us, since my "computer geek" husband has several computers on our network.
One feature of this printer I have already used quite frequently is the scanner. I love how easy it is to use! With our old scanner, you had to place the item on the scanner, and then come back to the computer and go through a wizard. With the Epson Small-in-One scanner, all you have to do is place the item you want scanned on the glass and then use the control panel on the device to tell it where to send your picture. The scanned item then comes right up on your computer!
My favorite feature of this great compact printer is the photo printing. I am constantly taking pictures of my kids, but since they are all digital, I never have any prints to display in the house or my office. I am horrible about printing pictures, generally because it takes too much time to upload them to a photo lab and then go pick them up. I just can't be bothered. Now I can print professional quality printers right from home.
It is super easy to print great pictures with this printer! We received some 4x6 photo paper in our review kit, so we selected that as the print size, inserted the paper into the printer, and within seconds we had a high-quality photo print.
I was honestly amazed by the photo quality! The picture we printed was comparable to the quality you would find if you sent it to a local photo lab like CVS or Walgreens. The ink dried immediately, and did not smudge when we touched it.
At first I didn't like the idea of all of the separate ink color cartridges, but it makes perfect sense. If you run out of one color, you simply replace that color, rather than having to waste ink (and money) by replacing a multi-colored cartridge.
The Epson Stylus NX430 Small-in-One Printer is a great little all-in-one printer that will
Countdown to Black Friday Giveaway:
~*~Epson Stylus NX430 Small-in-One Printer~*~
~*~Epson Stylus NX430 Small-in-One Printer~*~
Visit Shibley Smiles for another chance to win an Epson NX430 Printer!
Disclosure: All opinions are my own. I received the Epson Stylus NX430 Printer at no cost for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. A big thank you to Epson for providing the giveaway prize!