Sweet and salty together? Now these are my kind of cookies!
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Makes: 12 Servings
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 14 round chewy caramels in milk chocolate (from 12-oz bag), unwrapped and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups potato chips, coarsely crushed (about 2 cups crushed)
- 4 waffle cones, coarsely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups crushed)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Add caramels, potato chips and waffle cones; stir until well-mixed (dough will be thick). Onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart; flatten to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks to cool completely. Store covered at room temperature.
- Use a spring-loaded #16 ice cream scoop to drop cookie dough. The cookies will be the same size and will bake evenly for the same amount of time.
- Freeze premeasured scoops of dough, making sure to flatten to about 1/2 inch thickness before freezing. Freeze dough up to 1 month. Bake as directed above, adding 2 to 3 minutes to bake time.
Disclosure: Recipe provided by Betty Crocker through MyBlogSpark. I was not compensated in any way for this post.