Cupcakes flavored with bubbly champagne and sweet passion fruit give reason to celebrate.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Makes: 24 Servings
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
3/4 cup passion fruit juice
1/2 cup champagne or sparkling white wine
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
6 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons champagne or sparkling white wine
3 tablespoons passion fruit juice
White decorator sugar crystals
Edible silver pearls
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on box, using cake mix, 3/4 cup fruit juice, 1/2 cup champagne, the oil and egg whites. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter and salt with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in 3 tablespoons champagne and juice. If frosting is too thick, beat in more champagne a few drops at a time. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with white sugar and silver pearls.
- Champagne is a sparkling wine, and while many expensive champagnes are available, this is one time you might choose less expensive champagne or sparkling white wine. Have the champagne or sparkling white wine at room temperature when preparing the cake.
- For white decorator sugar crystals, edible silver pearls and decorative cupcake liners, check out www.fancyflours.com.
Disclosure: Recipe provided by Betty Crocker through MyBlogSpark. I was not compensated in any way for this post.