For years, Gemmy has been bringing us the coolest novelties and animated items. Who remembers Big Mouth Billy Bass? Just about everyone I knew had one of those singing fish!
When we went to Alabama for our Memorial Day trip, Rylie noticed a butterfly in a jar and thought it was the coolest thing. It looked so real! So real, in fact, that my mom asked my aunt if they feed it sugar water. After we all stopped laughing hysterically, we found out that it was the latest novelty from Gemmy. Those animated butterflies in a jar were a hit!
Gemmy recently released My Pet Firefly! These little fireflies flit and flicker in canning jars, just like the real thing. Seriously, you have to see it to believe it!
We received a green My Pet Firefly to review. Since I can't really describe Rylie's excitement in words, I'll just show you a picture just after we opened the box. She couldn't wait for me to get that jar out!
My Pet Firefly has been a hit with the kids since we took it out of the box. Rylie even had to bring "her pet" outside with her one evening when we went out to play on the swing set. It sat on the picnic bench while we played.
The My Pet Firefly box shows the age as 8+, but it is fun for kids of all ages...and adults too! (I think the age suggestion is because it is glass, and we all know that glass and small children don't tend to exist well together.) Bryce loves it! All you have to do is tap the top of the jar to get the firefly to fly around, so it is easy for him to make it work.
After Rylie was done swinging and sliding, she grabbed her Pet Firefly and was pretending that she caught one herself. I like anything that sparks my child's imagination! I'll let you see how much she likes this toy...
My Pet Firefly is available at Cracker Barrel restaurants.
~*~One of my readers is going to win a My Pet Firefly!~*~
For another chance to win, visit:
Thanks, Mail Carrier (ends 9/13)
Mandatory entry: (This must be done in order for any optional entries to count) What color My Pet Firefly is your favorite?
Optional entries: After you make the mandatory first entry above, you can get one extra entry (unless stated otherwise) for each of the following (please leave a separate comment for each):
* Check out all of the innovative products Gemmy has to offer and let me know something else you might like to have
* Like Gemmy Industries on Facebook
* Follow @GemmyUSA on Twitter
* Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
* Subscribe to my blog by email and confirm your subscription (sidebar)
* Like The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too! on Facebook (leave your first name and last initial)
* Share this post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon at the bottom of this post
* Follow @thelifeofrylie on Twitter (leave your user name)
* Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting this tweet and leaving me the link to your tweet (you can tweet daily for an extra entry each day):
Light up your life with My Pet Firefly from @GemmyUSA! Enter to #win from @thelifeofrylie! http://bit.ly/ruzz4A #giveaway
* Post my button on your sidebar or your blog roll for TWO extra entries (leave me two comments with a link to where I can find it)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post for THREE extra entries (leave a link to your post in three separate comments)
Giveaway will end on September 9th at 9:00pm EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org. I will notify the winner by email within 24 hours, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received within that time frame, I will pick another winner. Please leave your email address or make sure it is in your profile so I will have a way to contact you. I will announce the winner once they have been confirmed. This giveaway is open to residents of the US and Canada.
Disclosure: This is my honest opinion. I received the My Pet Firefly at no cost for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. A big Thank You to Gemmy for providing the giveaway prize!