No matter what age they are, it is difficult to convince children to embrace a good oral care regimen, especially as the morning rush of the back to school season begins. Dr. Jennifer Salzer, dentist and mom to four children under the age of 10, knows first hand about the challenges of establishing healthy habits at a young age.
Thanks to Crest and Oral-B, I was recently given the chance to interview Dr. Salzer, and ask her a few questions that I had regarding oral care for Rylie and Bryce. I wanted to see if she had any tips on getting my kids to brush their teeth properly and let me have "my turn", and I wanted to know when the kids should start seeing a dentist. You can hear her answers on this short video:
I am definitely going to be using her tips! Rylie has been to the dentist with me for "fun visits", but it is time I get her in for a real visit. Bryce will be going soon also, at least to start his "fun visits" and get him ready to sit in that chair by himself.
We received a Crest/Oral-B gift pack as part of this promotion. It came with several of the Oral-B Stages products that Dr. Salzar talked about - Disney Princess Flossers, Stage 2 Toothpaste, and a toothbrush from each Stage 1-3.
Oral-B Stages, dentists #1 recommended toothbrush brand for children, not only has kid appeal but is specially designed to address children's dentition, dexterity and development as they grow. Oral-B also offers kid-friendly Stages toothpaste to complement their brushing routine.
Since Rylie and Bryce are both in Stage 2 (2-4 years old) we split up the products for them. Bryce got the toothbrush, and Rylie got the flossers and the toothpaste. They were both very eager to use their new Oral-B products!
We also received an assortment of products from the Pro-Health FOR ME line from Crest and Oral-B.
Crest and Oral-B Pro-Health FOR ME is the first and only complete line of oral care products for tweens (kids 8+) created to protect all the areas dentists check in kids including fighting cavities, strengthening teeth enamel and freshening their breath.
My kids are a few years away from using these products, but we definitely know a big sister or two that would love to try them out.
Visit Crest and Oral-B online to get more answers to your dental care questions.
~*~One of my readers is going to win a Crest/Oral-B Prize Pack!~*~
(Includes a variety of Oral-B Stages and Pro-Health FOR ME products.)
Mandatory entry: (This must be done in order for any optional entries to count) Tell me your best tip for establishing a good oral care routine for kids.
Optional entries: After you make the mandatory first entry above, you can get one extra entry (unless stated otherwise) for each of the following (please leave a separate comment for each):
* Like Crest and/or Oral-B on Facebook (one entry for each)
* Follow @Crest and/or @OralB on Twitter (one entry for each)
* Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
* Subscribe to my blog by email and confirm your subscription (sidebar)
* Like The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too! on Facebook (leave your first name and last initial)
* Share this post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon at the bottom of this post
* Follow @thelifeofrylie on Twitter (leave your user name)
* Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting this tweet and leaving me the link to your tweet (you can tweet daily for an extra entry each day):
Start good oral care routines early! Enter to #win a @Crest and @OralB Prize Pack from @thelifeofrylie! http://bit.ly/pGgp9g #giveaway
* Post my button on your sidebar or your blog roll for TWO extra entries (leave me two comments with a link to where I can find it)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post for THREE extra entries (leave a link to your post in three separate comments)
Giveaway will end on August 31st at 9:00pm EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org. I will notify the winner by email within 24 hours, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received within that time frame, I will pick another winner. Please leave your email address or make sure it is in your profile so I will have a way to contact you. I will announce the winner once they have been confirmed. This giveaway is open to residents of the US only.
Disclosure: This is my honest opinion. I received the Crest/Oral-B Dental Care Package at no cost. No other compensation was received. A big Thank You to Crest for providing the giveaway prize!