We are a Country Crock family! We have been using Country Crock in our house for as long as I can remember. It tastes great, and it has 70% less saturated fat and 30% fewer calories than butter, and no cholesterol. I feel good about spreading on the Country Crock.
Country Crock is working on a campaign with the Wounded Warrior Project. If you don't know what the WWP is, here is a brief history from their website:
Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) began when several veterans and friends, moved by stories of the first wounded service members returning home from Afghanistan and Iraq, took action to help others in need. What started as a program to provide comfort items to wounded service members has grown into a complete rehabilitative effort to assist warriors as they recover and transition back to back to civilian life.
Since I am ex-military, this organization means a lot to me. I was out of the military by the time 9/11 happened and the war started, but I know several service members who sacrifice a lot to fight for our country. It is difficult for many of them to come back home after they have been fighting over in another country, especially if they are injured. The WWP helps wounded veterans maintain a balanced life and re-acclimate into the world after battle.
Country Crock has committed to a monetary donation to this great organization, and in addition, has created a specially marked tub of Country Crock that will be on shelves through the end of August.
Visit Country Crock to find out how you can join in aiding the Wounded Warrior Project! This is such a great cause that needs our support!
~*~One of my readers is going to win a Patriotic Picnic Kit!~*~
The kit includes all of your 4th of July and summer picnic essentials: an eco-friendly tote bag, a picnic blanket, sturdy plastic plates with utensils, corn on the cob holders, an American flag, a patriotic cup, a “corn pen” so you can keep track of your grocery lists and last but not least, a specially marked tub of Country Crock to enjoy on corn on the cob and other vegetables this summer and beyond!
(SRV: $100 each)
Mandatory entry: (This must be done in order for any optional entries to count) Do you know someone currently serving in our armed forces? If so, tell me who. If not, give a shout out to our men and women who fight for our country and our independence.
Optional entries: After you make the mandatory first entry above, you can get one extra entry (unless stated otherwise) for each of the following (please leave a separate comment for each):
* Like Country Crock and/or Wounded Warrior Project on Facebook (one entry each)
* Follow @CountryCrock and/or @wwpinc on Twitter (one entry each)
* Sign up for the Country Crock Newsletter
* Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
* Subscribe to my blog by email and confirm your subscription (sidebar)
* Like The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too! on Facebook (leave your first name and last initial in your comment)
* Share this post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon at the bottom of this post
* Follow @thelifeofrylie on Twitter (leave your user name)
* Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting this tweet and leaving me the link to your tweet (you can tweet daily for an extra entry each day):
Join @CountryCrock in aiding the Wounded Warrior Project! Enter to #win a Picnic Kit from @thelifeofrylie! http://bit.ly/lreKnH #giveaway
* Post my button on your sidebar or your blog roll for TWO extra entries (leave me two comments with a link to where I can find it)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post for THREE extra entries (leave a link to your post in three separate comments)
Giveaway will end on July 6th at 9:00pm EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org. I will notify the winner by email within 24 hours, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received within that time frame, I will pick another winner. Please leave your email address or make sure it is in your profile so I will have a way to contact you. I will announce the winner once they have been confirmed. This giveaway is open to residents of the US only.
Disclosure: All opinions are my own. No compensation was received in exchange for this post. A big Thank You to Country Crock for providing the giveaway prize!