As most of you know, I am on a mission to lose weight and eat healthier. I am learning to eat the right foods, and figuring out how to prepare my food so that it is better for me. One way to prepare healthier meals is with a George Foreman Grill. George Foreman grills are exclusively designed to remove fat while you cook.
Results of independent testing show that the George Foreman Grill removes up to 42 percent of fat from quarter-pound burgers made with 80/20 ground chuck beef, translating to a reduction of approximately 89 calories per burger.
So how do these grills do it? It starts with the patented slope. All George Foreman grills are set at an optimal angle to allow the fat to drain away from your food, while keeping it moist. The nonstick plates allow you to cut out butter, oil and cooking spray to keep your meals as healthy as possible.
The burners on our outdoor grill stopped working a few months ago, so we haven't been able to grill any food for a while. We have a freezer full of meat that we have been dying to cook, so we were delighted to try out the George Foreman Control Temp Grill and Griddle!
- 100-square inch grilling surface can easily cook up to six servings
- Power indicator light
- 30-minute timer
- Adjustable temperature control for more precise cooking results
- Ready indicator light lets you know when chosen cooking temperature has been achieved
- George Tough™ nonstick coating eliminates the need for oil or butter, prevents sticking and makes clean-up a breeze
- Two removable grill plates
- One griddle/shallow bake pan
- Signature Foreman heating elements mean even heat distribution and faster temperature recovery
- Dishwasher-safe custom drip tray for easy fat removal
- Dishwasher-safe custom spatula for easy food removal
- Large floating hinge lets you evenly grill without pressing or flattening food
- Adjustable patented sloped design to help drain away fat for a healthier meal; or lay flat for griddle use
- Platinum with black accent design
- 3-year limited warranty
One of the features I really like about the grill is the large cooking surface! You can really cook a lot a one time.
Brian decided to try out the grill by making some cheeseburgers for dinner one night. He set the grill to the proper angle, and preheated the grill to the suggested temperature. He made these huge patties and got to cooking. The overall cook time was the same as any grill, and took about 5 minutes to cook the burgers well done. As you can see, the burgers didn't even shrink down much, even though they were cooked thoroughly.
Yes, there are only three burgers on the grill, even though we are a family of four. As much as I wanted to eat one of Brian's delicious burgers, I am on the Nutrisystem program, which provides my meals for me.
You can also see how much grease was collected in the tray underneath the grill. Bye bye fat!
Brian admits that at first, he was very skeptical about how these burgers were going to cook, and even more skeptical about how they were going to taste. To his surprise, the burgers all cooked evenly and tasted great! They were not dry at all, even though so much of the fat had been removed. OK, so I will admit that I had a bite or two of Bryce's cheeseburger, and I thought it was delicious! My picky kids even loved them!
Yes, Bryce has a pink cup. He thinks the princesses are beautiful!
Hooray for healthier meals, and hooray for another meal that we found that the kids enjoy!
Another great feature of this grill is that the grill plates are removable, which makes for easy clean up. Even thought the plates are dishwasher safe, we washed them by hand and it took no time at all.
Our next test will be pancakes. I love making pancakes on Sunday mornings, and the griddle part of this awesome grill will come in very handy for that.
I highly recommend the George Foreman Control Temp Grill and Griddle for anyone looking for a great way to make your food healthier! This grill retails for around $99.99 and is available now at Wal-Mart and at www.georgeforemancooking.com.
~*~One of my readers is going to win a George Foreman Control Temp Grill and Griddle!~*~
Optional entries: After you make the mandatory first entry above, you can get one extra entry (unless stated otherwise) for each of the following (please leave a separate comment for each):
* Visit George Foreman Cooking and tell me something you learned
* Like George Foreman Cooking on Facebook
* Follow @GeorgeForemanCo on Twitter
* Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
* Subscribe to my blog by email and confirm your subscription (sidebar)
* Like The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too! on Facebook (leave your first name and last initial)
* Share this post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon at the bottom of this post
* Follow @thelifeofrylie on Twitter (leave your user name)
* Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting this tweet and leaving me the link to your tweet (you can tweet daily for an extra entry each day):
Lose the fat with @GeorgeForemanCo! Enter to #win a George Foreman Control Temp Grill from @thelifeofrylie! http://bit.ly/kCJPnt #giveaway
* Post my button on your sidebar or your blog roll for TWO extra entries (leave me two comments with a link to where I can find it)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post for THREE extra entries (leave a link to your post in three separate comments)
Giveaway will end on June 8th at 9:00pm EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org. I will notify the winner by email within 24 hours, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received within that time frame, I will pick another winner. Please leave your email address or make sure it is in your profile so I will have a way to contact you. I will announce the winner once they have been confirmed. This giveaway is open to residents of the US only.
Disclaimer: This is my honest opinion. I received the George Foreman Temp Control Grill at no cost for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. A big Thank You to George Foreman Grills for providing the giveaway prize!