Pets like to be warm. I know my pets sure do. We have a skylight in our house, and my two cats follow the light through the house as the sun moves just to lay in that warm spot. They also like to curl up next to me at night to stay warm. I have often thought that they needed some kind of electric blanket.
I have never found an electric blanket for pets, but I recently learned about the Pet-ZZZ-Pad. The Pet-ZZZ-Pad is a heating pad for pet beds. It safely provides warmth for dogs and cats. Here are some of the features of the pad:
- American Kennel Club & Cat Fanciers Association branded
- Cord is protected in a steel chew resistant casing
- Pad is water resistant & wipes clean
- Fits almost any bed with radiating warmth
- Cover can be machine washed & dried
- Heats to the vet recommended perfect temperature of 102 degrees
I think that the Pet-ZZZ-Pad is such a great idea! It is great for older animals that have joint pain, and for those small ones that seem to shiver all the time. What I like most about it is that it is safe. The pad only turns on when your pet is on it, and turns off when they get up. The cord is wrapped in a chew resistant casing, so you don't have to worry about your animal getting shocked. The regular sized pad is 12 inches, so it will fit inside or on top of most pet beds. (There is a larger 16 inch pad for larger pets.)
The Pet-ZZZ-Pad is intended for use under the top layer of a pet bed, or with the fleece cover that it comes with. My cats don't really have beds, unless you count our couches and my bed as their bed, but whenever my mom comes to visit with her dogs, the cats seem to take ownership of their little beds. I placed the Pet-ZZZ-Pad on one of those beds, hoping to entice my cats to try it out.
So, did my cats like the pad? Honestly, I don't know. I did find black hair on it, so I think they must have tried it at some point, but I never did see them on it. My cats are old and cranky, though, and have their spots where they like to lay. Unfortunately, none of those spots are near electrical outlets, and since I have two little ones, it isn't really safe to have extension cords running through the house.
I did test the pad first, and it works great! I put my hand on it, and I could feel it start to heat up immediately. It took a minute or so to heat up to the veterinarian recommended temperature of 102 degrees, but I could definitely feel the warmth radiating from the pad.
If you have a pet that craves warmth (and isn't cranky and particular about where they sleep) you should give the Pet-ZZZ-Pad a try. It retails for $19.99 - $39.99 depending on size, and you can buy it online and at PETCO.
~*~One of my readers is going to win a regular sized Pet-ZZZ-Pad!~*~
Mandatory entry: (This must be done in order for any optional entries to count) Tell me about the furry friend in your life that would love to curl up on the Pet-ZZZ-Pad.
Optional entries: After you make the mandatory first entry above, you can get one extra entry (unless stated otherwise) for each of the following (please leave a separate comment for each):
* Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
* Subscribe to my blog by email and confirm your subscription (sidebar)
* Like The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too! on Facebook (leave your first name and last initial)
* Share this post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon at the bottom of this post
* Follow @thelifeofrylie on Twitter (leave your user name)
* Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting this tweet and leaving me the link to your tweet (you can tweet daily for an extra entry each day):
Keep your pets warm with the Pet-ZZZ-Pad! Enter to #win from @thelifeofrylie! http://bit.ly/jUTFRm #giveaway
* Post my button on your sidebar or your blog roll for TWO extra entries (leave me two comments with a link to where I can find it)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post for THREE extra entries (leave a link to your post in three separate comments)
Giveaway will end on May 23rd at 9:00pm EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org. I will notify the winner by email within 24 hours, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received within that time frame, I will pick another winner. Please leave your email address or make sure it is in your profile so I will have a way to contact you. I will announce the winner once they have been confirmed. This giveaway is open to residents of the US only.
Disclaimer: This is my honest opinion. I received the Pet-ZZZ-Pad at no cost for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. A big Thank You to the sponsor for providing the giveaway prize!