Did you know that 83 percent of kids believe that they can help children in other countries in addition to people in their own communities? That’s according to the "Kids' Altruism Indicator," conducted by Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks in partnership with Parenting magazine.
Kids "dream big" when it comes to charitable acts, and they enjoy giving. Now through May, Betty Crocker is making it easy for kids to give back through their "Win & Give" campaign. Kids in the U.S. have an opportunity to instantly win a laptop from specially-marked packages of Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snacks. For each laptop won, Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snacks will donate a laptop to a child in Africa. It’s that simple.
Betty Crocker is partnering with One Laptop Per Child, a great organization that is working to provide all children in developing countries with XO Laptop Computers. These rugged laptops are designed for tough conditions in remote areas. They provide large numbers of laptops so that all kids will have one. They are able to take them home, and they even have internet access.
To find out more about the Win & Give program, visit www.winonegiveone.com. While you're there, your kids can "be a hero" by playing a fun game that launches a hero to Africa. For every 1500 heroes that land on Africa, Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snacks will donate a laptop to a kid in Africa. (Up to 442 laptops from 12/1/10 - 5/31/11.)
~*~One of my GIVING readers is going to win an XO Laptop and a variety pack of Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snacks!~*~
Do you give back to others? If you do, then you are eligible to enter this giveaway!
Mandatory entry: (This must be done in order for any optional entries to count) Tell me how you give back. It can be in the form of a comment or a video. (If it is a video, please leave a comment with the link to it.)
Optional entries: After you make the mandatory first entry above, you can get one extra entry (unless stated otherwise) for each of the following (please leave a separate comment for each):
* Visit www.winonegiveone.com and tell me something you learned
* Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
* Subscribe to my blog by email and confirm your subscription (sidebar)
* Like The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too! on Facebook (leave your first name and last initial)
* Share this post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon at the bottom of this post
* Follow @thelifeofrylie on Twitter (leave your user name)
* Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting this tweet and leaving me the link to your tweet (you can tweet daily for an extra entry each day):
How do you give back? Tell @thelifeofrylie and enter to #win an XO Laptop! http://bit.ly/hUfRJk #giveaway
* Post my button on your sidebar or your blog roll for TWO extra entries (leave me two comments with a link to where I can find it)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post for THREE extra entries (leave a link to your post in three separate comments)
Giveaway will end on April 17th at 9:00pm EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org. I will notify the winner by email within 24 hours, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received within that time frame, I will pick another winner. Please leave your email address or make sure it is in your profile so I will have a way to contact you. I will announce the winner once they have been confirmed. This giveaway is open to residents of the US only.
Disclosure: This is my honest opinion. No compensation was received in exchange for writing this post. A big Thank You to Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored Snacks for providing the giveaway prize!