A few weeks ago I posted a review of My BFF. My BFF is a kit that contains fish embryos that you grow at home. It is so cool! If you missed my initial review, you will definitely want to check it out to see how easy it is, and how much fun it can be for your family.
My initial review showed you how we prepared the fish food and started the process of growing our My BFF. Well I am happy to report that we have fish! One day we were able to count seven at one time, but since then we have only been able to count five at a time. They like to hide in the dirt, so it is possible that we're just not able to see them all.
We have really had fun with this kit! Rylie loves to look for the fish each day when she comes home from school.
We feed our fish twice a day so they can "grow big and strong", as Rylie likes to say. Their food is live brine shrimp, which are included in the kit and very easy to prepare. You simply give them 2-3 siphon/droppers of the brine shrimp each day.
We have to keep the My BFF water fresh, so every few days we simply take out half of the old water, and replace it with fresh water.
Without further ado, meet our new Best Friends!
We really have enjoyed the My Best Fish Friend kit! It has been a lot of fun, and a great educational experience too. This would make a great Christmas gift for children of all ages!
You can purchase My BFF from the My BFF Official Site for only $19.99 plus $6.98 S&P. The My BFF set includes the Miracle Fish Pouch, One-Month Supply of Brine Shrimp Food, Brine Shrimp Food Containers, Magnifying Glass, Food Siphon, Measuring Spoon and Breeding Manual. You will also need a transparent container that will hold 8 to 12 ounces of water, 8 to 12 ounces of fresh clean water (bottled water is preferred) and non-iodized salt.
~*~One of my readers is going to win a My Best Fish Friend kit!~*~
Mandatory entry: (This must be done in order for any optional entries to count) Check out the My BFF FAQ section and tell me something you learned.
Optional entries: After you make the mandatory first entry above, you can get one extra entry (unless stated otherwise) for each of the following (please leave a separate comment for each):
* Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect (left sidebar)
* Like The Life of Rylie...and Bryce too! on Facebook (leave your first name and last initial)
* Share this post on Facebook by clicking the Facebook icon below (I will verify this with you privately if you win)
* Follow @thelifeofrylie on Twitter (leave your user name)
* Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting this tweet and leaving me the link to your tweet (you can tweet daily for an extra entry each day):
Grow your own fish with My BFF! Enter to #win one of these fun kits from @thelifeofrylie! http://bit.ly/dQ0MkC #giveaway
* Post my button on your sidebar or your blog roll for TWO extra entries (leave me two comments with a link to where I can find it)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post for THREE extra entries (leave a link to your post in three separate comments)
Giveaway will end on December 12th at 9:00pm EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org. I will notify the winner by email within 24 hours, and you will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received within that time frame, I will pick another winner. Please leave your email address or make sure it is in your profile so I will have a way to contact you. I will announce the winner once they have been confirmed. Giveaway is open to US residents only.
Disclaimer: This is my honest opinion. I received the My BFF kit at no cost for the purpose of this review. A big Thank You to My BFF for providing the giveaway prize!