This week I received THREE blog awards! How cool is that? I'm super excited and so glad that there are people out there that enjoy my blog!
The First award I received was the Trendy Blog Award. I actually received this one twice.
Heather from Life With The Ardies passed this award on to me. She has a great blog about her family. I love to read about her adorable "Babygirl" who is almost 9 months old. Go check her out and say hey!
Torie from Life with Rylie also passed on this award to me. How could I not be a fan of a blog with that name? Torie has a great blog about her little Rylie, who is almost 7 months old. So stop by her blog and read about another cute Rylie!
Here is how this award works:
•To receive this award, promise to share this with 10 other BLOGS that you think are Trendy too.
•Post about your award in your blog.
•List your Top 10 Trendy Blogs.
•Share with them.
•Leave a link to the Trendy Blog Button.
•Tell them they need to give this award out to 10 as well.
I am passing this award on to these 10 blogs that I think are trendy: (in alphabetical order)
1. Angelica's Awesome Adventures
2. Circle of Love...and all the craziness around it!
3. Desperate for Coffee
4. finally Mom
5. Heligirl: Clever Mommy Blog
6. Knee Deep in Mommahood
7. Mommy And Molly
9. Thanks, Mail Carrier
10. The Florida Hogan's
Ladies, you can pick up the button over at the Trendy Treehouse.
Head on over and check out these blogs! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
I received this award from Carol at Knee Deep in Mommahood. Carol has a cute blog about her two little girls. Those little cuties are around 3 years apart, so Carol has her hands full like I do. Go check out her blog and leave her a comment, because we know she likes them!
Acceptance of this award comes with answering 10 questions.
1. Why do you blog?
2. What are your three best memories?
3. If you had to change your real name, what would you change it to?
4. What are 5 things you can’t live without?
5. What are the four best books you’ve ever read?
6. Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself.
7. What do you like about yourself?
8. What is the best movie ever made?
9. If you had a Freaky Friday experience, who would you want to change places with and why?
10. What is the best part about being a woman?
Some of those questions aren't going to be easy to answer, but here goes...
1. Why do you blog? My blog started off as a place where family and friends could keep up with us. It was also a way for me to write down milestones and memories, since I haven't touched Rylie's baby book since she was like 10 months old, and I have never even opened Bryce's. It has now become quite the addiction. I have met so many other awesome ladies and I really enjoy reading about them, and sharing my experiences with them.
2. What are your three best memories? This may seem like such a generic answer, but honestly, my three best memories are my wedding, Rylie's birthday and Bryce's birthday. I can't even think of anything that I remember more than those three days. My wedding was awesome! My reception was probably the most fun I have ever had. Rylie's birthday wasn't the most fun day of my life, but I will never ever forget the first time I saw her. I thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on. And Bryce's birthday was fun. It was a scheduled c-section and we actually cracked jokes with my doctor while he was operating. I felt so much joy when I held my little man for the first time!
3. If you had to change your real name, what would you change it to? Sara. When I was younger that is the name I would give to random guys that tried to talk to me when we were out. Maybe sometime I'll tell you the story about when Rebecca and I told these guys we were dancers and our names were Sara Lee and Betty Crocker. Well, I guess that is the story, in a nutshell.
4. What are 5 things you can’t live without? My family, My friends (real-life and internet), Burt's Bees Lip Balm, My Phone (through which I Facebook, Twitter, email and read blogs), and my TV addiction (I have to have something that lets me escape from reality once in a while, right?)
5. What are the four best books you’ve ever read? I really can't answer this question. I am so ashamed to say this, but I haven't read a book in probably 15 years, at least. I just don't have time to read. So instead I'll answer it with the four books Rylie and I like to read before bed - Her Mickey Mouse magnet book that she LOVES, Fuzzy Bear Goes Potty, Sesame Street Get Up and Go Songs, and Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? Even though I don't have time to read, I want to make sure my kids like to read like I did when I was a kid.
6. Tell me something unique and interesting about yourself. I can't blow my nose. Weird, right? I just can't do it. And apparently I'm not the only one because when I mentioned it to a doctor one time, he said "Oh, you're one of those."
7. What do you like about yourself? I like that I am a good friend. If I am your friend, I am loyal as hell and would do anything in the world for you.
8. What is the best movie ever made? Silence of the Lambs. I know, what a weird movie to have as my favorite. But I love it.
9. If you had a Freaky Friday experience, who would you want to change places with and why? Someone that lives in a tropical place like Costa Rica who sits on the beach and rents out jet skis. Wouldn't that be a cool job? There can't be too much stress in that, right?
10. What is the best part about being a woman? For me, it was the ability to carry and give birth to children. There is nothing better than having a human being grow inside of you and to be able to have that child all to yourself for 9 months. I know several women that are trying so hard to be able to do this, and my heart goes out to them.
Now I get to pass this award on. I am giving the Super Comment Award to Heather at Life With The Ardies. She has left some super sweet comments on my blog! So stop by her blog and give her some comment love too!
Thank you again to the ladies that gave me these awards! You really made my day!